Asphalt sealer is a rubberized, pre-mixed asphalt emulsion blended with mineral fillers to produce a product for both commercial and residential asphalt. Each additive is selected to produce a sealcoat that offers deep black color, adheres to the pavement, and is durable to withstand the elements. The sealer is formulated to be compatible with both old and new asphalt and bonds to the surface to make the asphalt stronger and last longer. A quality product can only be as good as the materials and processes used to produce it. We make sure to only use the highest quality sealcoating solution for each and every surface we sealcoat.
We recommend sealcoating your asphalt surface every 1-2 years. Get in touch today to learn more!
• Acts as a shield against weather and UV rays
• Protects against salt, gasoline, oil and other chemicals that can destroy your pavement
• Prevents small cracks from getting bigger and fills minor voids and imperfections
• Creates a rich, black surface with long-term color retention – ideal for painting lines
• Lowers maintenance costs – rainfall easily washes dirt from the smooth, non-porous surface
• Fast and easy application – broom, squeegee, or spray
• Non-toxic to both workers and the environment –no asbestos, coal tar, or carcinogenic materials
• Non-flammable and non-tracking
• Slip resistant
The importance of Crack Filling
- Small cracks allow moisture into asphalt.
- Water expands and contracts with temperature changes and season change causing larger cracks.
- Larger cracks allow more water penetration to weaken the asphalt.
- Weaknesses in asphalt accelerates the likelihood of total asphalt failure.
- Small cracks almost always become big cracks if they are not treated.
- Big cracks are what eventually turn into potholes.
- Cracks ¼” and larger can be sealed with specially formulated 400 degree rubber which prevents further damage.
Other REasons why you should Sealcoat
Saves you Money!
For pennies on the dollar, you can avoid costly asphalt replacement with crack sealing and sealcoating performed by professionals. The cost of an entire asphalt replacement job can be up to 30 times more expensive than properly maintaining your asphalt surface.
Prolongs Pavement Life!
Routine Maintenance including crack sealing and sealcoating can double the life of your asphalt surface. Crack sealing is the single most important step you can take to prolong the life of your asphalt.
Prevents Water Penetration!
If cracks are left untreated, they will allow water into and beneath the asphalt surface which leads to pavement failure. Water is the number one enemy of asphalt.
First impressions of your home or place of business are greatly enhanced with a deep, rich, satiny black finish.